The Illinois Osteopathic Medical Society (IOMS) is the professional association for osteopathic physicians practicing in Illinois. Our members represent various osteopathic medical practice specialties working in a variety of health settings across Illinois.
IOMS works to protect, advocate, maintain, and support the philosophy of osteopathic medicine for the benefit of the profession and the patients it serves by:
- Maintaining high standards of osteopathic education and practice;
- Encouraging and originating research;
- Collecting, publishing, and disseminating pertinent information for the improvement of the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) and the public health;
- Striving to present the concept of osteopathic medicine and surgery to the citizens of Illinois so that this concept is understood and utilized;
- Supporting and advancing the goals of the American Osteopathic Association, as a divisional Society; and
- Coordinating the activities of members and their districts